lunes, 23 de noviembre de 2009

Self Evaluation of my academic year (2009)

Introduction

This year, as I’ve surely told before, I’ve been in my first year of Psychology. Before anything, I should say that this year has been a very good one anyway, though it’s been more difficult than what I’d thought, definitively. Before entering the University, I used to have many doubts, of course, added to the normal expectation anyone has in such a situation. At the beginning, I was even afraid because I wasn’t making friends as fast as I’d proposed myself, but I didn’t know that it wouldn’t be hard at all. In fact, I feel this year I’ve learnt to see the life in a different way, and I invite you to search for more.

Body

When the classes started, they didn’t seem to be as difficult as after they’d be, but if I’m specific, last semester Social History of Chile was the subject which makes me look that semester as a difficult one, because the other subjects weren’t really so demanding. In that subject, we were asked to review (or read) six-seven books per test! An incredible abuse. Thanks to God, I obtained an excellent average of 5.5 in History, and in the other subjects my academic performance wasn’t so different.
This second semester that I’m finishing has even meant to me (and my classmates) a greater challenge than before. On the one hand, I’ve had more “psychological” subjects (Learning, Personality and Psychological Processes), and all of them have inquired me new skills, new time organizations and new studying methods, so maybe I’m grown up: I’m more mature. I’ve realized –more this semester than the last one- that Psychology is a science which can make me feel completely satisfied with myself if I achieve my goals in the future: to progress in the Clinical (or Social) Psychology, apart from the Researches, and I feel the knowledge and attitudes I’m obtaining can really help me to get them.

Conclusion

In 2009, Psychology has been maybe the word I’ve thought the most, not only because that’s the career I’m studying, but because I’ve discovered that’s my vocation. In fact, I project my life, on the one hand, attending people, activity which supposes the creation and development of the best intervention strategies; on the other hand, as I’m also interested in researching and studying the human behavior, I plan to carry out several investigations for discovering more and more about what makes us “humans”, but always oriented to help people be better, overcome their traumas, etc. Perhaps those are very “humanistic” goals, but I don’t care. And the knowledge I’m obtaining are the structure in which I’m cementing my wishes and wills.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario